Monday, January 26, 2009

The Best Green Beans Ever

I have something coming here soon. I promise.

UPDATE: Finally, a few more minutes to get this updated.

So, I am not sure if I have mentioned before, my affection for food. If so, then let me tell you again. I. LOVE. FOOD. Now, I am not jsut talking about eating, but really savoring the flavors of fantastic food. And even better, is getting to prepare something that taste extraordinary!

This weekend, I did just that. According to G, my green beans were the best ever. I prepare fresh green beans often because up until just a month ago, it was the only green thing I could get my child to eat. But, since then he has branched out a bit. Kuddo's to the maturing appetite of a pre-teen boy!

Back to the task at hand...I am going to share for you the exquisite green bean recipe and hopefully, jotting this down will help me remember exactly how it was done so we can enjoy this precious little gem of a recipe again.

Wash and trim your fresh green beans. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. I used the Bonsecco Oil from the Oil and Vinegar store. When the oil is hot, add in some slivered almonds, garlic and mushrooms. Saute these until golden brown. Add the green beans and more oil, as needed, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. After sauteeing the green beans, add some sherry and cook down over medium heat. I do think if I had not just finished off the bottle of dry, white wine the night before I would have used that instead of cooking sherry.

Keep in mind that they really are best when they are a little on the crunchy side.

Voila! The best green beans ever according to G.

I do know the picture would have been much more appetizing had it been a full pan, but it wasn't until after we ate half of them that we decided the concoction was worthy of recording.

No comments: