Thursday, July 22, 2010

National Junk Food Day...Say Whaaaa'?

Heck yea! We have a reason to indulge, friends. I never knew of this day until a freindly radio personality mentioned in their morning dialogue and boy did it give me reason to cel.e.brate.

Here's the run down.

I made it a point yesterday to take a detour past the office candy jar multiple times. A route that I typically try to avoid, found me treats of M&M's and Rolo's yesterday.

For dinner, I made Oven Baked Chicken Chimichangas from a variation of this recipe I found over at Tasty Kitchen.



And they were everybit as tasty as they appear in this picture. My variation used some leftover Honey Jalepeno Rotisserie Chicken from HEB.

What? You haven't had it? That's preposterous! Get your hiney right on over to your local HEB and pick one of these babies up. You won't be sorry. I promise.

Back to my variation....I also had no spinach or cilantro on hand, so we just left that part out. I used the Verde Sauce and Sharp Cheddar too. The flavors from the chicken and seasonings were scrumptious!

I served it with a Spanish Rice and Guacamole.

And there is no better way to top off the celebration than with Rocky Road Frozen Custard from Ritters.


If I could marry an ice cream, I'm pretty sure this would be THE one. Go find a Ritters near you, but know that the Rocky Road is spoken for. Get your own flavor to marry.

Indulging to the stroke of midnight,

No comments: